Seared steak with Creamy Peppercorn Whisky Sauce
4 boneless rib-eye or New York strip steaks (about 12 oz. each)
2 tbsp canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
Smoke & Spice Rub - to taste
1 bottle Creamy Peppercorn Whisky Sauce
1. About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
2. Heat your grill to high. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with Smoke & Spice Rub. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill for 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
3. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Pool a thin layer of Creamy Peppercorn Whisky sauce at the bottom of each dinner plate and place the steak on top.
5. Serve with a side of baked potato and broccoli!